PDA

View Full Version : Tooltips issue on IE9

Izilthir
25 Mar 2014, 8:49 AM
Hi everyone,

i have a scenario where a page needs to load an iframe in a normal ext modal window (due to legacy issues) on a given button click.

On a particular case, where the contents loaded onto the iframe also use Ext, i'm having an unexpected behaviour on IE9 where all the tooltips on the parent page stop working after the window close (which doesn't happen on FF).

If i remove the ext-all.js include from the page loaded on the iframe the issue doesn't occur, so i'm guessing the ext included inside the iframe is somehow impacting the quicktips configuration on the parent page on IE9. (Both the parent page and iframe are using Ext 4.2)

Anyone has any ideas on how can this be prevented?

I've tried re-enabling the quicktips on the parent page on the window close, but that didnt have any effect.

Thanks in advance for all ideas, and i'm sorry for not being able to provide a code example, but the same origin policy on the iframes is preventing me from replicating the issue with publicly available content.

*EDIT*
Just figured out that this is related to the use of Ext-ux-IFrame

Izilthir
26 Mar 2014, 7:15 AM
Traced the problem to the following line in Ext-ux-IFrame:
Ext.EventManager.removeAll(doc);

Considering the suspicious note on the API (Typically you will use Ext.Element.removeAllListeners (http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#%21/api/Ext.dom.Element-method-removeAllListeners) directly on an Element in favor of calling this version.)

I replaced it with Ext.get(doc).removeAllListeners(); and the problem was solved.

I doubt this particular case will happen to many people, but if it does enjoy the solution, cause it sure gave me headaches to figure it out.

Gary Schlosberg
26 Mar 2014, 7:35 AM
Thanks for taking the time to share your findings with the community.