PDA

View Full Version : Gridview multiple record selection on checkbox ONLY

horseshoe61
26 Mar 2014, 1:10 PM
Please find the jsfiddle with the options I am using: http://jsfiddle.net/7bj4n/2/

Problem statement with example:

User is viewing the grid view of 5000 rows and let's say they want to select multiple rows randomly...let's say from 21-30, then 501-700 and 1201-1350 etc

currently they can do this by shift+select but if they happen to click anywhere in grid row/body or even right click their entire selection gets de-selected and ONLY the row where they happened to click/right-click gets selected, which is really annoying and they have to repeat the same selection process again...clearly not a good User experience.

So in short,
I want to retain the multiple row selection using shift + select on whichever rows they want but make it functional ONLY on checkbox and disable that grid row/body click or right click.

P.S: "checkonly" option works on checkbox but it disables the multiple selection (shift + select)

Any possible fix?

Bruno13
10 Mar 2017, 2:26 AM
Dear HorseShoe61,

I'm facing the same problem, do you found a solution ?

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Regards,
Bruno

horseshoe61
16 Mar 2017, 3:41 PM
Yes I did.

I wrote a override functionality for extjs selection checkboxmodel with a custom option (let's say "checkonly").
And then in this custom selection model, we fire select events ONLY if user has clicked on "Checkbox".

Grid view configuration wherever you need to limit selection on Checkbox only, should use this custom selection model with the "checkonly" option set to "TRUE".

Hope this helps.

Dear HorseShoe61,

I'm facing the same problem, do you found a solution ?

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Regards,
Bruno

Bruno13
17 Mar 2017, 2:09 AM
ok thanks for these info !