bhutten
4 Apr 2014, 6:26 AM
sencha -sdk ~/ExtJS/extjs-5.0.0.736/ generate app -path ~/Ext5_App -name db
cd ~/Ext5_App
sencha app build

This all works fine. Then do "sencha app build" again, and I get:

[INF] executing compass using system installed ruby runtime
unchanged db-all.scss
[ERR] Failed to parse CSS 3.0 style sheet: Encountered " "+" "+ "" at line 1, column 10012.
Was expecting one of:
<S> ...
")" ...
<S> ...

[ERR]
[ERR] BUILD FAILED
[ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExParse: could not parse css input content
[ERR] at com.sencha.command
[ERR] .Sencha.dispatch(Sencha.java:71)
[ERR]
[ERR] Total time: 10 seconds
[ERR] The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Ext5_App/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:274: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Ext5_App/.sencha/app/sass-impl.xml:139: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Ext5_App/.sencha/app/sass-impl.xml:156: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Ext5_App/.sencha/app/sass-impl.xml:98: com.sencha.exceptions.ExParse: could not parse css input content

This is also happening for me with an existing Ext4.2.x project that was working fine, and that I upgraded using CMD5.

Using the Ext5/CMD5 betas, OS X 10.9.2.

- bill

mitchellsimoens
4 Apr 2014, 7:41 AM
What version of ruby do you have installed? I'm able to generate and build an app on 10.9.2 just fine.

bhutten
4 Apr 2014, 11:12 AM
$ ruby --version
ruby 2.0.0p247 (2013-06-27 revision 41674) [universal.x86_64-darwin13]

Note that the first time "sencha app build" is run it works fine. It only fails on the 2nd time, and thereafter.

- bill

bhutten
4 Apr 2014, 12:07 PM
I just used homebrew to upgrade ruby:

$ ruby --version
ruby 2.1.1p76 (2014-02-24 revision 45161) [x86_64-darwin13.0]

And I still get the same problem. First time running "sencha app build" is fine, (except the the various warnings that other people have reported). 2nd and later - no go.

dongryphon
4 Apr 2014, 2:20 PM
The current Cmd 5 beta reports itself as incompatible with everything other than Ext JS 5, so it should delegate the calls onto an older version of Cmd.

I believe I know the root of the failure there for v5. If so, then this should work:

sencha app build --clean

I think what is going on is an optimization for "app watch" has caused us to not rebuild the Sass file, skip the call to Compass but yet try to split / compress the CSS file. Those phases do *not* like already compressed CSS. :p

dongryphon
4 Apr 2014, 2:21 PM
Well, give or take the "skip the call to Compass" part :)

dongryphon
4 Apr 2014, 2:21 PM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

dongryphon
4 Apr 2014, 2:23 PM
After re-reading let me restate for clarity:

Sencha Cmd 5 Beta does not support Ext JS 4.x or Sencha Touch.

This will be fixed in later betas.

bhutten
4 Apr 2014, 8:35 PM
Well, using the "--clean" option to "sencha app build" has fixed the problem - the build now completes. CMD5 is picky, though. I had to manually create the "loading" and "icons" subfolders in "resources", or I got these errors:

/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:423: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:112: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:114: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:83: /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/resources/icons does not exist.

/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:423: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:112: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:114: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/packager-impl.xml:83: /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/resources/loading does not exist.

Also if the "sass/example" does not exist, with the default "theme.html" file, the build will fail:

[INF] Capturing theme image
[ERR] loading page /Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/sass/example/theme.html
failed to render widgets within 30 sec.

[ERR]
[ERR] BUILD FAILED
[ERR] com.sencha.exceptions.ExProcess: phantomjs process exited with code 1
[ERR] at com.sencha.command.app.AppCommands$BuildC
[ERR] ommand.execute(AppCommands.java:127)
[ERR]
[ERR] Total time: 56 seconds
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/build-impl.xml:322: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/slice-impl.xml:228: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/slice-impl.xml:229: The following error occurred while executing this line:
/Users/bhutten/Dropbox/Projects/PersonalDB_JS/public/.sencha/app/slice-impl.xml:100: com.sencha.exceptions.ExProcess: phantomjs process exited with code 1

Should I report these issues as seperate bugs?

- bill

dongryphon
4 Apr 2014, 9:42 PM
I suspect the icons are due to references in app.json - can you check that and/or post it here? If you want to disable theme slicing, set "skip.slice=1" in your ".sencha/app/sencha.cfg" file. Then you can remove the sass/example (slicer page).

wemerson.januario
16 Jun 2014, 7:50 PM
is this bug fixed? I can't not build app anymore! :(

anselmtmcclain
10 Sep 2014, 12:41 PM
I was running into this same "failed to render widgets" on build issue with cmd 5.0.2.270 and some theme packages that I had created with an older version of cmd (5.0.x).

I generated a new package to see what the latest standard for package.json was, and I realized that my older package.json files were missing a "slicer" config - the default is:

"slicer": {
"js": [
{
"path": "${package.dir}/sass/example/custom.js",
"isWidgetManifest": true
}
]
}

Adding this into my package.json and doing a sencha package build --clean resolved the issue and the package/theme build completed OK.