PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early for Documentation bug reports? Missing "New since ExtJS 5.0.0"

Dev@QLP
9 Apr 2014, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure if this is a generic bug but there doesn't seem to be any way to find methods/properties that are new for ExtJS 5. I remember in the 4.2.0 docs, there used to be a yellow star that would indicate that the method or property was new. Is there anything like this planned for the final version of the API docs for ExtJS 5.0?

Also it seems like the "Removed" checkbox doesn't really show or hide anything when you toggle it.

ssamayoa
10 Apr 2014, 2:24 PM
I just about to ask for that in docs.

Better if Sencha can add a filter for "new for 5" in the drop down menu of the button "Show":

jay@moduscreate.com
11 Apr 2014, 3:25 PM
That would be a metric ton of work dude. :(

ssamayoa
11 Apr 2014, 6:22 PM
That would be a metric ton of work dude. :(

Really?

Looking back in time I have at least 3-4 years using ExtJS and I'm still feel like an amateur.

ExtJS is great framework but BIG one!

While getting wet in ExtJS 5 I get lost very easy because some configs/properties/methods may be in previous and/or older versions but now that there is no "since" element so I have to open (in another browser's window) 4.x's version to do the comparison.

May be I'm spoiled with Java's docs... (FWIW I'm a java guy since early 2000s...)

Regards.