PDA

View Full Version : Issue selecting checkboxes tree for more than 1000 nodes, after upgrading from 4.0.7

ImSatan
10 Apr 2014, 5:07 AM
I have requirement where in I have created a checkbox tree with more than 800 child nodes.

ExtJS 4.0.7
While I select the checkbox of the top most node of the tree entire nodes in the tree used to get selected Successfully

ExtJS 4.2.2
Selecting the topmost node of the tree, its taking very long time and all the nodes gets selected but it throws java script error.

Browser
Consistent behaviour in all the browsers (tested in IE, Mozilla , Chrome)

Is the issue familiar?
Can somebody brief me about the changes to the checkbox tree widget which has been integrated post 4.0.7 which could have caused the issue?

Gary Schlosberg
10 Apr 2014, 1:57 PM
That's quite a lot of nodes. Are you doing anything unusual on checkchange, and does it help to suspend the layout while it renders?

ImSatan
11 Apr 2014, 12:23 AM
I didn't face issue loading large number of nodes in ExtJS 4.0.7, its only after upgrading to 4.2.2 with same set of code I am facing this issue.
Tree node creation in 4.0.7 and 4.2.2 are different as shown in the images, I am wondering if the script error has something to do with it.
Please advise.

ExtJS 4.0.7
ExtJS 4.2.248650

Gary Schlosberg
11 Apr 2014, 4:17 PM
The error just indicates that the page is running slowly and the browser wants to know if it should continue. You might try suspending the layout before effecting the change, just to see if that helps.

ImSatan
14 Apr 2014, 11:07 PM
Let me clarify if the issue is not explained clearly.

Our business rule requires to check/uncheck all the child nodes on parent node check/uncheck. Hence we programmatically did this by iterating the child nodes and setting check property of the child node as true or false(childNode.set("checked",true)). This code was working fine with ext 4.0.7. However after upgrading to 4.2.2 noticed that it is broken. After detail analysis we suspect that the issue is in onUpdate() function of tree view, which takes more time.

We need to go ahead with 4.2.2 due to some feature support in our application. Appreciate quick solution for this.