PDA

View Full Version : How to get more info when zooming in on line chart

usavahe
10 Apr 2014, 10:20 AM
I am working with line chart that has time axes. I can also zoom in by doing the following:

enableMask: true,
mask: 'horizontal',
listeners:
{
select:
{
fn: function(me, selection)
{
me.setZoom(selection);
me.mask.hide();
}
}
}

Lets say I have a graph with 60 values each corresponding to 1min. If i set my step to 5min, then I will see 12 divisions or vertical grids (60/5). Now the issue is when i zoom into 5min area, since the step is still every 5min, I will not see any more divisions.

How the step can be changed based on zooming in area :-??

slemmon
14 Apr 2014, 11:40 PM
Hi,

There is a bug with ExtJS charts in 4.x relating to zoom.
I believe that is fixed in the Sencha 5 charts rewrite, though. You might try auditioning ExtJS 5 to see if the Sencha Charts (compatible with modern browsers and IE9+ only at this time) may meet your needs.

If you have feedback on Ext 5 while it is in beta be sure to post that feedback in the Ext 5 dedicated forums.

usavahe
14 Apr 2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks, I knew about bugs. But my question was about getting some info back when zooming in.

I mean, there is no event that can give me back the starting and ending x axis values of the zoomed area?
I cannot change the step because I have no way of knowing what portion was selected by user. The only things i get back is the selection : {width, height, x coord, y coord} , this is used by Sencha interface to zoomin using setZoom()