PDA

View Full Version : ext JS with server side to connect to legacy app in C++ running on UNIX.

peter.driscoll
7 May 2014, 10:17 PM
I have a large fat client legacy VB.net GUI, C++ back end, ORACLE database application. I am researching the possibility of adding a web front end using ext js. We want the server for the web running on UNIX. So don't really want to go the Microsoft route.

I would like an example of a MVC (or MVVP) architecture with a server back-end. I am particularly interested in the server. How to write code that responds to posts and redirects to the C++ back end. Then how to respond.

We want a simple architecture to get started. Even an example app that shows us to respond to a post on the server would be nice.

In the long run we want an application server that already handles thread pooling and security. Actually the application is not thread safe at the moment. But perhaps that may be fixed by replacing statics with thread local variables.

I don't have enough information to know the right questions to ask. I kind of ignored the web and hoped it would go away. But it is still here and getting more disparate all the time.

Thanks in advance.

mitchellsimoens
19 May 2014, 10:45 AM
First, you posted in Ext JS 3 which doesn't have MVC, MVC started with Ext JS 4 and update to MVVM is in Ext JS 5.

Second, it doesn't matter what server side language you use, it's about what it responds with and if you can handle that out of the box with Ext or if it's too custom that you have to extend a reader to read it and such.