PDA

View Full Version : ComboBox Filter issue - Block the user from typing any unlisted values

varmaj80
13 May 2014, 1:05 PM
Hello All,

I am having a combo box which is populated with the data from a store. When I am trying to type anything in the combo box, it allows me to type and if the value doesn't match with any of the values in the combo box, it reverts back to the default value. Is there a way that I should not be allowed to type any value in the combo box unless it matches a value in the list. For example, say in my combo box I have the list of values as ABC, ABD, ABE and ABF. Now when I try to key in some value in the combo box, it should allow me to enter only any of the above values. If I try to enter something like ABCD, it should allow me to type till it sees ABCD, once I type D in ABCD, since it doesn't find a match in the list, It should stop allowing me to type anything further. Is there a way I can do this. I am using forceSelection: true and editable:true right now.

Thanks...

Gary Schlosberg
16 May 2014, 3:12 PM
I don't believe that there is a config for this. You'd probably have to listen to keystrokes and handle the behavior yourself.