PDA

View Full Version : border layout splitter constrain

hpet
21 May 2014, 11:31 AM
I have center and south region.
South region also has center and south region with splitter.
By default splitter in south panel in south region is constrained to container it is rendered to.
I would like to be able to drag splitter beyond owner container - to be constrained with "viewport" (ownerCt.ownerCt) height.

How can this be achieved?
I know it is a bit strange requirement, but unfortunately it is requirement. When this splitter is resized I will do some custom layout resizing.

I tried to call doConstrain() and calculateConstrainedPosition() but no matter what I do splitter remains constrained to the original container.

Gary Schlosberg
21 May 2014, 1:40 PM
So you want the splitter generally constrained but not so in one direction? Probably not what you want, but what happens when you set constrain false?

hpet
21 May 2014, 10:10 PM
Hm. I want splitter to be constrained, but not by container it is rendered to, but by some parent container - allowing me to be dragged beyond its own container - kind of absolutely positioned splitter in parent container, but hooked to a child panel.

Image attached :)

hpet
21 May 2014, 10:22 PM
I have a fiddle here: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/5uo

If you drag "card-schedule south panel", it should preaty much act like parent container splitter. Should not act on "card-schedule center panel", but rather change height of parent container.
But, as I have it now if you drag it up you are constrained within south parent container.
I would like to be able to drag it all the way up across "center region with map".
I guess this is not possible as it is now because border splitter is rendered into the south panel container and limited by its dimensions?