PDA

View Full Version : Weird tab key behaviour

spatel.engg
23 May 2014, 12:58 AM
Hello,

I am facing weird tab key behavior for login prompt.
Here is the scenario.
Please refer fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/fiddle/63d/preview
(Do not use mouse only use keyboard for navigation)
1. Initially tab sequence works fine.
2. click on login button. this will show "Invalid Username or Password" message.
now problem starts. now on pressing Tab cursor should move to Password field but its not...

3. but when you press Shift+Tab it works and once you finish complete navigation cycle using Shift+Tab everything works fine.

Thanks
Sunil Patel

mitchellsimoens
23 May 2014, 5:01 AM
Once you click on the button, the button is now focused. Pressing tab will then focus the username field as it's next.

spatel.engg
16 Oct 2014, 5:00 AM
This also occurs in 5.0.1
I have updated same fiddle with 5.0.1 and seems that problem is even worse

Please refer fiddle and below cases : https://fiddle.sencha.com/fiddle/63d/preview
(Browser: Google Chrome Version 37.0.2062.124 m)

1. focus is set to Username field but its not working. somehow the field lost focus and shows red as a result of validation fail. When I hover(not click) mouse on Username field cursor appears blinking.

2. Now i click (single click) on Username field to get focus on it but its not working as soon as i move mouse away from Username field cursor disappears. In order to get proper focus on the field it requires double click.

3. If the focus is on another field and if I move mouse over field with validation triggered (Red) then focus moves to that field.

4. Enter some random value in Username and then press TAB focus goes to Password field but now keep pressing TAB it should rotate between form's input/button elements but tab sequence is broken and never come to any of input or button element.

nohuhu
16 Oct 2014, 1:09 PM
This was a bug; the fix should be available in nightly builds of 5.0.2.

Regards,
Alex.

drummer
27 Nov 2014, 12:27 AM
Hi,

is there a fix for 5.0.1 available?

Regards,
Frank