PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS 3.x vs 4.2.1

drunkmoose
27 May 2014, 10:47 AM
Hello,

I am fairly used to version 3.x and I am now getting back at it almost 4 years later :)

I see there's, what seems to me to be a new concept, the "Application". Generated with its dependencies, models, stores, etc.

I tried going at it the old fashioned way, which is basically including the basic .js file of the SDK, creating an Ext.onReady method and rendering controls to DOM elements within my HTML page.

I am getting weird errors, but for the moment, my question is not about the errors, but rather whether I absolutely need to use SenchaCmd and use this "application" concept for it to load and work correctly.

It's been quite a while since last time I used ExtJS, so I'm wondering if a lot of concepts and best practices changed since...

scottmartin
27 May 2014, 4:44 PM
I would look at the MVC pattern to organize your code. You can use Sencha Cmd to generate a new app to give you a skeleton app to build on and then build your application for production.

After you get used it it, you will not want to go back, or at least that is how I felt.

drunkmoose
28 May 2014, 9:29 AM
Thanks for the reply Scott. I will look into this.