PDA

View Full Version : TreeGrid update tree without reloading

mattgolding
29 May 2014, 3:10 PM
I am looking for the best way to approach a design I am looking at implementing. I am using the tree grid and all is working fine. It is loading on demand and displaying a name and also a number count in the second column. This count can change and I am looking at making this page a little dynamic. I would like to update the counts without reloading the whole tree. For starters I could not see a way to reload the tree and keep the current open node open after reload? (I might be wrong). Ideally I was hoping to have a separate source feeding the updated counts (via signal r) and then updating the tree in a manual way. However with this approach I think updating the tree nodes/records with the new counts would result in a sync with the server.

Are there any ideas on the best approach to updating this tree data?

I am using ExtJs 4.2.0

mattgolding
29 May 2014, 3:23 PM
I found this property persist (http://docs.dev.tech.local/Dev/SUBZERO/#!/api/Ext.data.Field-cfg-persist) in the Ext.data.Field. Looks like it will work for my purposes as this count is not stored on the server but calculated on server when the node is requested.