PDA

View Full Version : Problem with autoScroll and nested grid.

mlcaraldi
4 Jun 2014, 12:01 PM
Hello there!
I've been trying to find an answer to this problem for the last 24 hours and couldn't find a way to resolve this. Here it is:

I'm using MVC architecture. I have a tabpanel that has some grid as items. When these grids load, they do not have a vertical scrollbar, even though I set autoScroll to 'true' and their content is bigger than the screen can show. Every post I read about this problem was resolved setting the grid's parent layout to 'fix', but, as you can see below, I already done it and still not have a scrollbar... If I define a height to the grid, the scrollbar works perfectly, but I need it to work with different heights...
I belive I might have a overnesting problem, but I just started developing with ExtJS some days ago and it stills a little confusing to me...

The question is: how can I make this structure work with autoScroll?

Please, let me know if I need to provide you any extra information. I tried to make it easier to understand with the image below.

Thank you guys! :)

App design:

scottmartin
4 Jun 2014, 2:32 PM
You certainly have a nesting issue, but if you do not provide a height for your grid, then you may have to resort to issue a layout call to your main parent container to make the correct adjustments. I would suspect this would be slow a kludgy.

Phil Guerrant
4 Jun 2014, 2:49 PM
just to clarify did you set the grid's parent panel's layout to "fix" or "fit"? ;)

mlcaraldi
5 Jun 2014, 3:13 AM
Hey guys! Thank you for your reply!

Scott, I want to give it a try! How do you suggest I write it?

Phil, it is "fit" in the code, I don't know what was on my mind when I wrote "fix" =p