PDA

View Full Version : Rendering ext components in grid summary?

miroperez
18 Jun 2014, 7:27 AM
I have a requirement to render some summary data as a (small) chart in a grid related to the column data. For example, a specific column summary might have sum of several fields not shown as columnar data but included either in the model or perhaps in a remote summaryData json prop.

Is there a way to output say an Ext Chart component in the summaryRenderer instead of just a string? The chart would have some summary info related to the column data. For example, the column might be Q1 2014 and the column/row renderer might say "Delayed", and the column summary would have a chart of Departments Utilization during that Q1 2014 period. So at a glance the user can just look at the summary to see what might be wrong. Think of it as a group of summaries in the summary column.

I might be able to do this with brute force divs shaded appropriately in the summary but the charting components have some nice things already built in.

Any other approaches would be appreciated too.

Miro

mitchellsimoens
26 Jun 2014, 6:38 AM
I wouldn't recommend this. It would be very heavy to do and could lead to memory leaks quickly which would of course degrade performance quite a bit.