PDA

View Full Version : Overlay Major Baslines

amakowski
9 Jul 2014, 5:52 AM
We want to display points on a chat with a date time on the x axis and execution time on the y axis. For example a report took 3 seconds to run on 7/8/14 9:00 AM and 4 seconds to run on 7/8/14 10:00 AM. We donít want to show the datetime labels on the x axis because there will be too many and it will crowd the chart. Instead we want to overlay major baselines. For example Version 7 of the report was created on 7/7/14 8:00AM and version 8 on 7/9/14 10:AM. Versions are much courser than individual execution (plot points). Is there a way that we can add baselines on the X axis and provide series labels for the baselines instead of the individual plot points?

mitchellsimoens
16 Jul 2014, 10:54 AM
So you want the label on the x axis not be what the value of that field is correct?

amakowski
22 Jul 2014, 6:11 AM
I guess so. We are pulling the Time it took and the date it ran on. So the x axis we would like to show the versions instead of dates. We know that version 2 was created on this date but it changed to version 3 on a different date. So i guess something like this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
|date| |date| |date| |date| |date| |date| |date| |date| |date| |date| |date|
|version 2-------------------| |version 3-------------| |version 4-|

We want to plot it by date and time it took to run but want to show the version numbers instead

amakowski
7 Aug 2014, 10:36 AM
I was able to get what i needed just had to modify the name field and add a return(X axis). Seemed to work. (Code below pic).49880
data.push({name : "1/1/2014\nVersion: 1", data1 : 15, data2 : 35, data3 : 80});