PDA

View Full Version : Slow ComboBox with remote content

belat
14 Jul 2014, 10:58 PM
Hello.

I have a combobox (several times in the app) but only one combobox is extremly slow.

After entering a string (eg. 5 chars) the app is doning nothing for a few secs and after those secs the request is being sent to the server.

So the server part is not the problem. After receiving the request, the JSON answer is coming within a few seconds (< 2 secs) and everything works fine after that (displaying items, ...)

Question:
Why isn't this single compbobox waiting before sending the request
... and how can i reduce (remove) this time ?

new Ext.form.ComboBox({
store: storeA,
id: "xyz",
displayField: "display",
typeAhead: false,
listConfig: {
loadingText: "Loading ..."
},
width: 245,
pageSize: 10,
hideTrigger: true,
tpl: new Ext.XTemplate(
'<tpl for=".">',
'<div class="x-boundlist-item"><b>{name}</b><br />{address}<br />{cty} - {zip} {city}</div>',
'</tpl>'),
listeners: {
select: function(combo,records) {
combo.collapse();
Ext.Ajax.request({
url: "server.php",
params: {
part: "getList"
},
success: function(response) {
var obj = Ext.decode(response.responseText);
alert(obj.ID);
}
});
combo.setValue("");
}
}

belat
16 Jul 2014, 4:08 AM
push ?

Gary Schlosberg
16 Jul 2014, 7:49 AM
In which browser are you seeing this issue? So after you start typing, your app seems to do nothing for a few seconds and then sends the request to the server? Are your other (functioning) combos configured similarly?

belat
17 Jul 2014, 7:56 AM
Hi Gary,

this is in Chrome and Mozilla Firefox (newest versions)

yes. After stopping typing the combo is waiting ~ 4 secs and then sending the request.
I was watching it through the Chrome/FF build-in debug tools.
All other combos with the same system are running well in the app.

I searched after the id and name of that "problem combo" to check special setting or smthg like that.
But there are not differences. I can't find to next point to solve that problem.

Gary Schlosberg
22 Jul 2014, 5:55 AM
The combo has it's own ID, no conflicts. Any chance you can recreate the behavior in a Fiddle?