PDA

View Full Version : Relative positioning of table rows and row groups is now supported. This site may nee

Tim Ward
29 Jul 2014, 6:03 AM
What does this mean?

Does it matter?

If it doesn't matter, how do I make it go away?
If it does matter, how do I fix it?

scottmartin
29 Jul 2014, 11:02 AM
Care to elaborate on this?

skirtle
29 Jul 2014, 4:28 PM
The warning in full is:

Relative positioning of table rows and row groups is now supported. This site may need to be updated because it may depend on this feature having no effect.

It is shown in Firefox dev tools if you have CSS warnings enabled.

I believe this appears as of Firefox 30 and is reference to FF finally adding support for position: relative within tables. All other browsers have supported it for some time. The key problem with missing support is that any absolutely positioned child elements do not consider the table row/cell elements as 'positioned', so they are positioned relative to an element further up.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5148041/does-firefox-support-position-relative-on-table-elements

Any site relying on the old behaviour will now be very broken so Firefox is giving a warning.

Tim Ward
30 Jul 2014, 12:08 AM
Ah. I thought it was 4.1.3 related as the 3.4 version of the application does not produce these messages with FF. So does Ext JS 4.1.3 "rely on the old behaviour"? If not I simply ignore the messages?