PDA

View Full Version : [CLOSED] Grid paging toolbar does not work if the viewmodel store uses a source

MikeRH
17 Sep 2014, 3:16 PM
Please see the following fiddle.

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/ags

I have created a global store. I have this store as a source in the viewmodel and i have bound a grid and paging toolbar to the viewmodel store.

In 5.0.1.1255 the paging toolbar shows no data.

In the Sep 16th nightly it throws an undefined is not a function error in ext-all-debug

evant
17 Sep 2014, 3:36 PM
You can't page a chained store. The chained store can (at most) only show what exists in the source store. It doesn't have an facility for loading because the contents are controlled by the source.

MikeRH
17 Sep 2014, 3:38 PM
That's a bummer...and sort of defeats the purpose of sharing a global store with several view models.

Enhancement request?

ian.young
24 Oct 2014, 4:02 PM
I'm in agreement. If you can't page a shared store, then there's no point using ViewModels at all. It's a common task here to have one dataset with two or more transformative views (Grid, DataView, Graphs).

It would be a great improvement to be able to use chained stores (especially filtered) with a "parent" dataset that could be paged.

colingaj
24 Apr 2015, 12:44 PM
This might be a superfluous comment (and possibly ignored seeing that the post is "closed"), but just adding to the disappointment expressed above. This was exactly what I needed to support our upgrade from 4 to 5 to support some custom code we had written. Any ideas on whether paging support for chained stores will be provided in an upcoming release?

The idea is that we want to load all the data from the server in one call, then have chained stores page this data locally...

Sakafo
25 May 2015, 3:31 AM
I'm also at a loss as to why a chained store cannot be paged, at least locally. I cannot use chained stores if I can't page them individually. I also wish to request this as an enhancement.