PDA

View Full Version : Dyanmic Grid Filter Values With Delayed Grid Load (ExtJS 4.0.7)

rkanemeier
26 Sep 2014, 7:44 AM
ExtJS 4.0.7

I think I may have bit off more than I can chew with a solution I am trying to implement. Our users want an app that loads records from a file into a grid. This file will contains 100,000's of records. They want to be able to specify a filter for this grid and potentially select multiple values for each column filter. At a glance, this seemed perfect for the grid filter ux feature. However, the only example I found was using a locally loaded "store". Each filter (there will be like 15 of them) will need to contain a list of values found in this file. In some cases, the list will be 1,000's of values. I've already prototyped a grid filter that uses a local list (hardcoded values) using an example. But now I need this list to be loaded from a store.

1. how do you create a grid filter that is populated from a store that is dynamically loaded?

2. how do you delay the grid filter from refreshing the grid since the grid is loaded dynamically?

3. would it be a better design to create a North Panel that contains combo boxes with an APPLY button that will reload the grid with the filters?

Thanks in advance.

slemmon
1 Oct 2014, 10:16 PM
Hi,

I'm not quite sure I follow you on question #1.

And maybe 2 follows 3 in that I think that sounds like a good plan to set up the filter inputs so that they are set > then applied considering the dataset size.