PDA

View Full Version : Is there some overview that covers the lifetime of components with events

mark0978
26 Sep 2014, 3:02 PM
Things like Activate:

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/#!/api/Ext.window.Window-event-activate

When does it fire, does it fire every time the window becomes visible on the screen, like when you have a dialog that hides instead of closes

Things like Show:

This fires, but not when the window is shown, it fires when the Show method is called, but on the first time, before the window actually contains any thing.

I'd like some overview documentation that covers the lifetime of components and when the events fire. What is currently out there is next to worthless. It might as well just be a list of names, because it doesn't give you enough information to actually use the events without lots of trial and error.

slemmon
29 Sep 2014, 11:09 PM
Hi,

I'm afraid there's not a component lifecycle guid for 4.x, though I know there is one on the roadmap for 5.x.

In the meantime doing a capture like in the below fiddle is probably the best way to see the events fired along the lifecycle:

b2q

mark0978
1 Oct 2014, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the info. Sad that a product in version 4 has such a paucity of overview documentation. And in version 5 it's only a maybe.