PDA

View Full Version : NOT WORKING : Gxt 3 Neptune theme Setup

anant.choubey
2 Oct 2014, 9:28 PM
Hi All,
I just installed GWT SDK 2.6 and created a new google web project.

added the following jars to the lib folder and to the build path
gxt-3.1.1.jar
gxt-theme-neptune.jar

Steps are same as mentioned on
http://docs.sencha.com/gxt/3.1.0-beta/getting_started/Getting_Started_Eclipse_Standard.html
(http://docs.sencha.com/gxt/3.1.0-beta/getting_started/Getting_Started_Eclipse_Standard.htmlbut)but when i run my page on the browser i get the following error pls help.

Thanks.

Andreas Samjeske
6 Oct 2014, 5:15 AM
I guess gxt-theme-neptune.jar is not up-to-date. Where did you get it from?

anant.choubey
6 Oct 2014, 9:55 PM
hi,

i was using an old unstable jar, latest jar available at

http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.sencha.gxt/gxt-theme-neptune

Thanks for help.

wilfried.klaas@easy.de
22 Oct 2014, 5:28 AM
I run into a similiar problem. Got both gxt-3.1.1.jar and gxt-theme-neptune-3.1.1.jar from the maven repo, but i get on application start:

[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Rebinding com.sencha.gxt.theme.neptune.client.base.panel.Css3ContentPanelAppearance.Css3ContentPanelResources
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Invoking generator com.google.gwt.resources.rebind.context.InlineClientBundleGenerator [DEBUG] [experience_web] - Preparing method style
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Parsing CSS stylesheet jar:file:/E:/DATEN/CVS_box/work_exp_web/Experience%20Web%20GXT%203.1/lib/gxt-theme-neptune-3.1.1.jar!/com/sencha/gxt/theme/neptune/client/base/panel/Css3ContentPanel.css
[ERROR] [experience_web] - Unable to parse CSS
[ERROR] [experience_web] - Deferred binding failed for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.neptune.client.base.panel.Css3ContentPanelAppearance.Css3ContentPanelResources'; expect subsequent failures
[ERROR] [experience_web] - Failed to create an instance of 'com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.ContentPanel$ContentPanelAppearance' via deferred binding
Any solutions?

Andreas Samjeske
22 Oct 2014, 6:22 AM
Strange. There is no change in Css3ContentPanel.css from 3.1.0 to 3.1.1. But that may be part of the problem. /:)

Do you do something special with ContentPanel or its Appearance in your webapp?
You may raise log level in your Run Config (GWT -> Log level). Maybe then the CSS parser tells us more about the problem.

branflake2267
22 Oct 2014, 9:36 AM
From what it looks like the appearance might need to be synced up with the latest release.

wilfried.klaas@easy.de
23 Oct 2014, 12:16 AM
I have that problem every time i try to use the neptun theme. Since 3.0. Every version I try to use, i got this error. But i don't track this, because we have only little time to migrate our application from GXT 2.2 to 3.x. So only every now and than i try to use the neptun theme, because neptun will be the basic for our own theme. I thought the error has something to do with interaction of both API's (2.2 and 3.x) But at this point, we are nearly finnished with the migration, the 2.2 is eleminated and so i have some time to try the theme again. And Yes, we will buy a comercial license, if the migration is ready.

Colin Alworth
23 Oct 2014, 7:16 AM
@wilfried, the Neptune theme and the themebuilder in general is only supported in GXT 3.1+. It will not work with any 3.0 build.

The other thing I would suggest is make sure you are using a recent Java version - we've seen occasional issues with some old Java 6 or Java 7 builds, where they cannot correctly parse some PNG images.

branflake2267
23 Oct 2014, 1:59 PM
GXT 2.3.1a is the only 2.x version that will work with GWT 2.6.1 which is needed for GXT 3.1.x which has neptune. Neptune will only run with 3.1 which needs GWT 2.6.1. If using both GXT 2.3.1a and GXT 3.1, be sure to set the autoid for each version to something different which means set one of them to a different auto id, like so: XDOM.setAutoIdPrefex or 2.x GXT.setAutoId...

If that doesn't help could I get a test case that shows the issue?

wilfried.klaas@easy.de
23 Oct 2014, 11:34 PM
OK,
here are the debug information:

[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Invoking generator com.google.gwt.resources.rebind.context.InlineClientBundleGenerator
[TRACE] [experience_web] - Can't use cached client bundle for com.sencha.gxt.theme.neptune.client.base.panel.Css3ContentPanelAppearance.Css3ContentPanelResources
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Using inline resources
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Initializing ResourceGenerator
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Preparing method style
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Finding resources
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Parsing CSS stylesheet jar:file:/E:/DATEN/CVS_box/work_exp_web/Experience%20Web%20GXT%203.1/lib/gxt-theme-neptune-3.1.1.jar!/com/sencha/gxt/theme/neptune/client/base/panel/Css3ContentPanel.css
[ERROR] [experience_web] - Unable to parse CSS
[INFO] [experience_web] - The following problems were detected
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Line 8 column 59: Skipping: @def backgroundColor value('theme.panel.backgroundColor');
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Line 9 column 52: Skipping: @def borderColor value('theme.panel.border.color');
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Line 10 column 52: Skipping: @def borderStyle value('theme.panel.border.style');
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Line 11 column 55: Skipping: @def borderWidth value('theme.panel.border.toString');
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Line 13 column 47: Skipping: @def textColor value('theme.panel.textColor');
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Line 14 column 71: Skipping: @def headerBackgroundColor value('theme.panel.headerBackgroundColor');
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Line 15 column 57: Skipping: @def headerGradient value('theme.panel.headerGradient');
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Line 16 column 58: Skipping: @def padding value('theme.panel.headerPadding.toString');
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Initializing ResourceGenerator
[DEBUG] [experience_web] - Preparing method theme
[ERROR] [experience_web] - Deferred binding failed for 'com.sencha.gxt.theme.neptune.client.base.panel.Css3ContentPanelAppearance.Css3ContentPanelResources'; expect subsequent failures
[ERROR] [experience_web] - Failed to create an instance of 'com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.ContentPanel$ContentPanelAppearance' via deferred binding
[ERROR] [experience_web] - Uncaught exception escaped

Because of 3.0 and neptun: OK. Good to know.
Java Version: We are working with Java 7 (7.0.510.13, eg known as 1.7.0.51), i have tried the actual java 8 version (1.8.0_25) too, no change in error.
GWT Version: we use the GWT SDK Version 2.6.1
GXT Version: 3.1.1, at this point of the project, no more references to the old GXT 2 version.
ContentPanel or it's appearence: nothing but simply using the defaults.