PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Moving items from one tree panel to another is very slow

Jump-BF
13 Oct 2014, 8:55 AM
See following fiddle: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/bnf

Whatever the way to do it, moving items from one tree panel to another is very slow. On my machine, with IE 11, moving 100 items from one panel to the other takes 25 seconds. On the other browsers, it takes much less time, but it is still too long.

Should this be considered as a bug?

Gary Schlosberg
13 Oct 2014, 10:39 AM
I'm not able to recreate this. For me in IE11 (Windows 8), moving 100 records takes less then 3 seconds every time, and much faster in Chrome. What kind of hardware are we talking about?

Jump-BF
13 Oct 2014, 11:59 PM
I'm on a Intel i5-2500 3.30 GHz with Windows 8

Anyway, is this not much too slow? As I could observe, the view is refreshed for every item that is removed from the list, then for every item that is added to the other list. This could be optimized in some way, couldn't it?

Gary Schlosberg
14 Oct 2014, 3:58 PM
I'd be surprised if the view was refreshing for each item. Have you tried suspending the layouts?

Jump-BF
15 Oct 2014, 12:39 AM
Indeed, there is a little improvement when I suspend the layout but still takes 2.8s with Chrome (and 24s with IE 11) on my computer! You can check it with the updated fiddle.

About the refresh of the view, just check the Ext JS source code! Adding an array of records regenerates the DOM code for each record, and there seems be no way to avoid it.
Removing an array of records is even not supported. One can pass true to the suppressEvents parameter, and indeed it will not refresh the view but then the record is not removed from the view.

Jump-BF
20 Oct 2014, 9:02 AM
Any news on this one? Can you confirm that the view is refreshing for each item? Can this be considered as a bug?