PDA

View Full Version : Answer this question and I'll give you MONIES

_uknownot
14 Oct 2014, 8:30 PM
I have a grid, and my grid's store has a pageSize of 25. Thus, when my grid initially loads, a request to the server is made for one page of data (25 records in this case). Within the grid, clicking "next" results in another request to the server for the next 'page' of data (the next 25 records).

Here is my question:

If I apply a filter to my store (a client-side filter --> non-remote) after receiving the first page of data (25 records), and All of the records 'fail' the filter, meaning my store, after filtration, contains zero records as opposed to 25 --- what happens to the grid? Do I have an empty page '1' -- AS WELL as the ability to navigate to page two (assume I have a bazillion records total, so many, many pages), which may or may not display records (because some of them 'pass' the filter).

Example - records 0-24 (page 1) all fail the client-side filter, so there is no data to display ---- however, let's assume that some of the records in the 2nd page of data pass the filter, will Ext recognize that none of the records in page 1 have satisfied the filter, and automatically send a request to the server for the next page of data (page 2)?

I do not want to be rude, but please do not respond unless you know exactly what you are talking about.

The first definitive answer + good explanation receives $20 via paypal. Include paypal email in response so I can ship the monies. GOGOGOGOGO.

mitchellsimoens
15 Oct 2014, 4:40 AM
If only there was an easy way to test this:

brd

For filtering in a paged dataset, it is recommended you use remote filtering as the UI this provides to the user is not right. They expect pages of data and have sorting/filtering handled but still see the paged data.

_uknownot
15 Oct 2014, 5:16 PM
That's what I was looking for. Should've tested myself, was just looking for a quick answer with minimal effort. I've tried filtering remotely, using a custom filter which supports stuff like "AND" and "OR". However, my filter can potentially become very large (lots of OR'ing), and may result in a "URL too long" error when attempting to load data into the store. Thus, I tried to come up with a client side filtering solution. Any ideas on how I can make the client side option work? Also, need your pp email for payment