PDA

View Full Version : multiple Components inside a row column of grid

Narendran
21 Oct 2014, 1:47 AM
Hi ,
I have a requirement like i need to have 5 text fields inside a column of grid for every row.

I tried with TemplateColumn
xtype: 'templatecolumn', text: 'New E-mail Addresses', flex: 2,
tpl: new XXXX.template.Component({
cmp: newUserId
});
newUserId has a form with 5 textfields inside it, have overridden templateColumn .
it seems to work but has alot of issues. A help/suggestion would be of great help.
Thanks

slemmon
22 Oct 2014, 8:25 PM
Hi,

ExtJS 4 doesn't support having components in grid cells. That functionality has, however, been introduced in ExtJS 5.

jadarsh
6 Jan 2015, 1:52 AM
Hi Slemmon,

Could you please help me know how to add Ext JS components inside a grid cell in EXT JS 5 ? I need infinite scrolling on my panel, but as I understand Ext JS does not provide out of box infinite scrolling other than grids, I am planning to add the whole component as grid cells and use infinite scrolling feature. Thanks !

jadarsh
6 Jan 2015, 2:23 AM
Hi Slemmon,

Could you please help me know how to add Ext JS components inside a grid cell in EXT JS 5 ? I need infinite scrolling on my panel, but as I understand Ext JS does not provide out of box infinite scrolling other than grids, I am planning to add the whole component as grid cells and use infinite scrolling feature. Thanks !

slemmon
16 Jan 2015, 12:37 PM
Take a look at the example in the class description for WidgetColumn:
http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/5.1/5.1.0-apidocs/#!/api/Ext.grid.column.Widget

The last columns there has the syntax you'll need using the widget config of the column. In the exmaple it's usign a widget xtype, but it could be any component xtype (just be aware that widgetcolumns is intended to be used with lightweight components / widgets. Using heavy widgets / components will make for a heavy grid).