PDA

View Full Version : Window child hide event.

incutonez
22 Oct 2014, 3:30 PM
I have a Window that contains several child components (example only contains a Panel). When I hide this Window, I want the child components to do some processing. Is there an event the child components can listen for when the parent is hidden? I tried using hide, disable, and deactivate, but none of them fired.

This is the example code and Fiddle (https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/c6o)I'm working with:

var myPanel = Ext.create('Ext.panel.Panel', {
title: 'My Panel'
});
myPanel.on('afterrender', function() {
myPanel.el.on('hide', function() {
alert('el hidden');
}, this);
}, this);
myPanel.on('hide', function() { alert('hidden'); }, this);
myPanel.on('deactivate', function() { alert('hidden'); }, this);
myPanel.on('disable', function() { alert('hidden'); }, this);

var myWindow = Ext.create('Ext.window.Window', {
height: 300,
width: 300,
items: [myPanel],
closeAction: 'hide'
});

var button = Ext.create('Ext.button.Button', {
text: 'Toggle Window',
renderTo: Ext.getBody()
});
button.on('click', function() {
if (myWindow.isVisible()) {
myWindow.hide();
}
else {
myWindow.show();
}
}, this);

When the Window gets hidden, I want to enter the event listeners. I even started experimenting with getting the DOM Element, but there's no such event as hide. I realize I can control the processing from the Window, but I'd rather have each component listen for an event and take care of itself autonomously.

Any thoughts?

slemmon
22 Oct 2014, 10:05 PM
Hi,

If you're wanting to process some logic when the window is hidden why not listen to its 'hide' event - setting the listener on the window, not the child panel.

incutonez
23 Oct 2014, 5:02 AM
Yeah, I was hoping to not do this because I then have to be cognizant of all of the children within the window/manage them there... but I think this is the only approach I can take. Thanks.