PDA

View Full Version : Folders become empty files in the downloaded zip. The content is gone...

VDP
27 Oct 2014, 4:53 AM
I have a Fiddle with a typical sencha MVC folder structure...

But if I download my fiddle the folders become empty files and the content of the folders is gone....

Then suddenly all my files in the folders where gone! Man! What is this... Is this a stable production version!?

Luckily I had an other window with the same fiddle open in an other browser. Saved again and the files where back.

Another bug: maybe linked... I renamed the folder overrides to override (because store, model, view is singular, override should be too) => folder seems to be gone in the screenshot on the left.... after refresh it was back but not renamed. Again I rename, a red dirty flag is shown on the name in the tree. I save the fiddle, the flag is gone but it's still the new name. => I refresh. BAM! old name again...

It's a nice tool but these things can be tested before put in production...

mitchellsimoens
29 Oct 2014, 4:07 AM
I don't have any issues with downloading fiddles but there are possibilities that a bug may be present, after all it is just software. Because there may be a bug, doesn't mean Fiddle isn't stable.

If I can reproduce the bug it would get fixed.

VDP
29 Oct 2014, 6:20 AM
You're right but I was a little frustrated at the time sorry :)I retested. Downloading the fiddle works now. The folder contains the files. What I noticed was that I have to name the files with '.js' extensions. I was under the impression that it was just a name and if I select javascript he would automatically append '.js' (that's a small one :) )But renaming of files works. Renaming of folders doesn't work. :(