PDA

View Full Version : Problem when using grid cellediting with IE 11

tm8747a
7 Nov 2014, 7:48 AM
There seems to be a bug when using a grid with cellediting in IE 11 with Ext JS 4.2.1. Now, this may have been fixed with 4.2.2 or 4.2.3, but I don't have access to those builds, so wondering if somebody could shed some light. Basically, if you scroll to the right and try to click a cell, the grid will just scroll back to the left and not select the cell. I noticed it as a problem when dealing with cell editing, but it looks like it may not be quite related to that. If you comment out the plugin, you'll noticed that clicking on a cell after scrolling right makes the grid scroll back to the left immediately. I've tried all manners of debugging, but haven't had any luck figuring out the source of the problem. Somewhere, somehow, the click event is getting messed up and I think ends up pointing to the row instead of the cell div, just can't get to the root cause. Here's a fiddle demonstrating the issue (remember, for IE 11, this works fine in Firefox/Webkit browsers)

https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/d04

slemmon
10 Nov 2014, 3:08 PM
Hi,

The issue you're seeing in IE was addressed by 4.2.2. You can gain access to the 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 releases via a support subscription.

Or, it looks like the issue is fixed for 5.0.1 as well (the most recent public GA release in the Ext JS 5.x product line).

tm8747a
11 Nov 2014, 8:08 AM
Hi,

The issue you're seeing in IE was addressed by 4.2.2. You can gain access to the 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 releases via a support subscription.

Or, it looks like the issue is fixed for 5.0.1 as well (the most recent public GA release in the Ext JS 5.x product line).

I was hoping that somebody could provide some insights into how it was fixed. Unfortunately, a support subscription may not be an option right now and we can't upgrade to 5.01. Guess I may have to keep trying to debug this until I find something...