PDA

View Full Version : ExtJS 4.2.0 Grid: Highlighting issues when selecting several rows in the grid

ddLeigh
13 Nov 2014, 1:52 PM
Using Ctrl+left mouse click to select multiple rows in the grid, only the last selected row is highlighted in the grid view. The selModel is set to 'MULTI'.

this.getGrid().getSelectionModel().getSelection() does contain all the selected records, but not all are highlighted except the last selected one. Has anyone run into the same problem? Do you have any suggestions or workaround?

Same code worked previously with ExtJS 4.0.7.

slemmon
17 Nov 2014, 1:17 PM
Hi,

I don't believe I'm seeing an issue when testing with 4.2.0 - 4.2.3.
Can you test with the below test case and see if you're seeing the issue and if what what version of ExtJS are you seeing the issue in? What OS / browser version?

dhi

ddLeigh
17 Nov 2014, 3:19 PM
Hi!

Thanks for the response! I ran the test case on the Chrome browser and was able to select multiple items and all the selected items were highlighted using Ctrl key. But I did notice that if I hit and held Shift key first and then selected a couple of items, it only highlighted the last selected item, not the range. However if I selected one item first, then used Shift key to select another item, the items between those two would be highlighted. Is this behavior normal?

The ExtJS version I ran into the issue is 4.2.0. We are using Chrome browser with version 38.0.2125.111. Before upgrading to ExtJS 4.2.0, we were using ExtJS 4.0. With version 4.0, I did not
see this issue at all. I am trying to figure out the root cause. Do you have any suggestions on how to debug this?

Look forward to hearing from you!

slemmon
18 Nov 2014, 2:50 PM
When I test selecting the rows with the Shift key I'm seeing the behavior I'd expect. It's the same selection behavior when testing with Google Spreadsheets or Microsoft Excel.

ddLeigh
20 Nov 2014, 1:49 PM
I find an example in ExtJS 4.2.2 on sencha website that is very similar to my application. Please see the following link. I can't select multiple rows in the grid either by using Ctrl or Shift key and left mouse click. Can someone double check it?

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/#!/example/grid/group-summary-grid.html

carol.ext
21 Nov 2014, 10:50 AM
I find an example in ExtJS 4.2.2 on sencha website that is very similar to my application. Please see the following link. I can't select multiple rows in the grid either by using Ctrl or Shift key and left mouse click. Can someone double check it?

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.2/#!/example/grid/group-summary-grid.html

I don't see that the selection model is configured for MULTI in that example.