PDA

View Full Version : How to highlight form itself?

talha06
25 Dec 2014, 2:54 AM
I want to highlight ExtJS Form Panel itself after a specific event. I have been trying the code added below but it just highlights the container panel which is hardly seen.

Code Snippet

myForm.getEl().highlight("ffff9c", { attr: "backgroundColor",
endColor: "ffc333",
easing: 'easeIn',
duration: 1000
});

Sencha Fiddle Link:https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/fij

skirtle
26 Dec 2014, 5:32 PM
Try myForm.body.highlight to highlight the body element instead. Either that or set a transparent background color on the body element so that you can see the main el's background color showing through.

talha06
27 Dec 2014, 10:32 AM
unfortunately myForm.body.highlight did not work for me even I remove background-image of form panel.

skirtle
27 Dec 2014, 5:51 PM
Switching to the body in your Fiddle worked fine for me. Obviously I still couldn't see through the textarea but the yellow highlight appeared as a line below the field in the bit of the form that was visible.

I don't think background-image is relevant in this case, it'd be background-color. Even once you get that right it wont show through the textarea. Perhaps that's what you're seeing?

This should just be a case of getting the correct CSS properties set on the correct elements. Apart from the animation part it's all stuff that's straightforward to piece it together through the browser devtools.