PDA

View Full Version : Fiddle should support nightly build in an iframe

SebTardif
2 Feb 2015, 7:25 AM
see https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/hgd

mitchellsimoens
27 Feb 2015, 5:53 AM
Fiddle 1 is not being maintained or fixed. I'm currently working on a rewrite that will fix this and many other things. I have hope to have at least a beta release ready in time for SenchaCon in just over a month.

dkingofpa
21 Mar 2015, 9:42 AM
Fiddle 1 is not being maintained or fixed. I'm currently working on a rewrite that will fix this and many other things. I have hope to have at least a beta release ready in time for SenchaCon in just over a month.

Could you please inform users of this on fiddle.sencha.com or at the very least post a sticky in this forum? I've just wasted a few hours trying to figure out why Fiddle 1 wasn't working and then posting threads here in the hopes of getting an answer. I just happened to stumble across your post in this thread.

Could you please also provide users with an alternative course of action such as "Use JSFiddle in the mean time."

Thanks

mitchellsimoens
23 Mar 2015, 2:35 AM
No, have you checked that it hasn't actually been fixed? Also, I won't help you use a different tool especially for a nightly that requires authorization to use.

dkingofpa
23 Mar 2015, 3:45 AM
The OP was interested in using the nightly builds in fiddle. I was more concerned about your statement that "Fiddle 1 is not being maintained or fixed." I believe it would be helpful for fiddle users to know that up front.

mitchellsimoens
23 Mar 2015, 4:25 AM
The OP was interested in using the nightly builds in fiddle. I was more concerned about your statement that "Fiddle 1 is not being maintained or fixed." I believe it would be helpful for fiddle users to know that up front.

This is only due to my focus on Fiddle 6. Fiddle is very much an active app and an integral part of our internal process.

SebTardif
23 Mar 2015, 10:07 PM
No, have you checked that it hasn't actually been fixed?

Great but weird way of communicating this. I had stopped to try after your first answer and my support ticket closed without fixes.