PDA

View Full Version : Websocket/SocketIO for Django + ExtJS

rajat2107
10 Feb 2015, 8:16 AM
I have multiple stores in ExtJS based application which I wish to update from Server (Websockets/SocketIO). The backend is Django. The only production-ready solution in Django for Websockets seems to be gevent-socketio.

I explored Ext.ux.data.proxy.WebSocket but I am not sure how to make it work with gevent-socketio based Django backend. Can anyone suggest a way forward with this or any other plugin for websockets in Django? Thanks.

joel.watson
12 Feb 2015, 9:41 AM
I have multiple stores in ExtJS based application which I wish to update from Server (Websockets/SocketIO). The backend is Django. The only production-ready solution in Django for Websockets seems to be gevent-socketio.

I explored Ext.ux.data.proxy.WebSocket but I am not sure how to make it work with gevent-socketio based Django backend. Can anyone suggest a way forward with this or any other plugin for websockets in Django? Thanks.

Have you tried contacting the extension author? I think that would be your best bet for getting direct assistance for that extension.

Thanks
Joel