PDA

View Full Version : Desperately waiting for ExtJS 5.1.1

lars.seifert@myview.de
24 Feb 2015, 8:05 AM
We encountered a number of issues with ExtJS 5.1.0 which seem to be fixed with ExtJS 5.1.1. By some of these issues we are blocked in our project. I do need a final release date for ExtJS 5.1.1 in order to define the further milestones in our project.

Nightly builds are no option at this stage!

Is there any date planned for the release of ExtJS 5.1.1?

greg.barry
26 Feb 2015, 11:17 AM
Unfortunately, we do not currently have a planned date for a 5.1.1 release. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I'll alert our product management team to your concern.

Thanks!
Greg

lars.seifert@myview.de
26 Feb 2015, 11:17 PM
Greg, thanks for your reply. I understand you do not have a fixed release date yet for 5.1.1 - you could help me a lot with a rough figure: is a release unlikely within the next two months?

Thanks very much in advance...

Lars.

LesJ
27 Feb 2015, 10:52 AM
Greg, thanks for your reply. I understand you do not have a fixed release date yet for 5.1.1 - you could help me a lot with a rough figure: is a release unlikely within the next two months?

Thanks very much in advance...

Lars.

My guesstimate: 5.1.1 likely will be released in April after SenchaCon (April 7-9).

Right now the priority is getting ready for the conference, prepare talks, demos, etc.

pgarlaud
6 Mar 2015, 12:56 AM
Lars I understand your struggle, I had to download a nightly build to have many problems fixed myself… If you're not premium however, you are not fully in your rights to demand a release date, but LesJ's estimate seems fair.

predator
8 Mar 2015, 3:37 PM
I doubt anything will come out after the con.. I dont even think there will be anyone attending the con anyway. I do check the nightly builds and there is nothing there either. Looking here at the forums there are so many critical bugs aging 2+ years, for example grid grouping+summary is being broken since 4.x. Take a look at the QA boards.. 95% unanswered, I dropped couple question to the support line using x-credits, I do get answers within 24 hours but it was like obama giving me an answer, no real solution.It's sad to see sencha going down in such a horrible way after so many years. I am upset as I do really liked the bind stuff in 5.x, also the sessions.

jhoweaa
10 Mar 2015, 9:30 AM
Yes, this has been frustrating for me as well. I have a product which runs fine under Ext JS 4.2 and is unacceptable under the current 5.x versions. Sencha re-wrote the way grids work (especially locking grids) and the implementation has been unacceptable. We needed to add some new features to our application and I was hoping that I would be able to do this with the 5.x platform, but I've had to add them to the 4.2 version which means more work trying to bring those changes back to 5.x, assuming it ever works correctly.

Jim

estesbubba
10 Mar 2015, 11:53 AM
Count me in as another waiting for 5.1.1. I have 2 issues submitted as bugs which are bad for our app and happen all other the place.

Scorpie
19 Mar 2015, 5:55 AM
Count me in as another waiting for 5.1.1. I have 2 issues submitted as bugs which are bad for our app and happen all other the place.

Could you share which two for our reference?

farrukhwaseem
14 Apr 2015, 11:35 PM
Any update on the release date, now the con is over too :) We are really in hot water by moving to V5 Thanks

sebastian2015
21 Apr 2015, 11:30 PM
I feel with you guys. I have a list with critical things that are fixed in the current nightly build. We really need some transparency here.

Scorpie
21 Apr 2015, 11:44 PM
I feel with you guys. I have a list with critical things that are fixed in the current nightly build. We really need some transparency here.

No word from Sencha on the matter. Communication is not their expertise. :-?

geek0r
22 Apr 2015, 12:35 AM
I started a thread in the community section regarding these "release cycles". Perhaps you join in? Because there needs to be a change! https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?300299-Improvement-of-release-cycles

bobringer
28 Apr 2015, 3:36 PM
6 months... Every single person working at Sencha knows this isn't acceptable, right?

craigger
29 Apr 2015, 11:04 PM
ExtJS 5.1.1 is on final approach and will be available by May 14th (maybe sooner). Also we hear you about having more frequent and predictable maintenance updates, and we are actively evaluating changes to our release processes.

geek0r
29 Apr 2015, 11:23 PM
+1 for a change! Keeping fingers crossed ...

Scorpie
29 Apr 2015, 11:36 PM
ExtJS 5.1.1 is on final approach and will be available by May 14th (maybe sooner). Also we hear you about having more frequent and predictable maintenance updates, and we are actively evaluating changes to our release processes.

Thanks for your update !

worthlutz
30 Apr 2015, 4:23 PM

Great to hear! Please continue to communicate with us.

It will make our planning more reliable. I cannot commit to deadlines when I know nothing and hear nothing.

Fast, accurate bug fixes will be appreciated.

lars.seifert@myview.de
4 May 2015, 12:04 AM
thx for the info! we are really looking forward to see and integrate the update!

suzuki1100nz
8 May 2015, 12:11 AM
and YES - http://www.sencha.com/blog/announcing-ext-js-5-1-1-improving-your-dev-experience/#comment-6789

nebaff
12 May 2015, 1:23 AM
it seems 5.1.1 was released on may 7th !

lweiyis
12 May 2015, 5:21 PM
Why only support users can download? Non support from which users can be downloaded to the 5.1.1?

worthlutz
12 May 2015, 7:03 PM
Why only support users can download? Non support from which users can be downloaded to the 5.1.1?

GPL can be downloaded here: http://www.sencha.com/legal/GPL/

I'm not sure what you do if you have a license for 5.1 but no support.

erez111
24 May 2015, 11:41 PM
Hello,

Here is 5.1.1 version info url:

http://www.sencha.com/blog/announcing-ext-js-5-1-1-improving-your-dev-experience/