PDA

View Full Version : tbbutton

pdchapin
5 Mar 2015, 7:59 AM
Okay, what happened to tbbutton as a possible item for a toolbar? I used it for an application I wrote back with version 3 but now it wouldn't take it and I can't find any reference to it in the api for 5. Button works but I prefer the look of the other form.

And now for the really important question. How is Ext JS pronounced? Nobody around here really knows and I'm getting a couple of variations. I use "Ext jay ess" but I get strange looks.

Gary Schlosberg
5 Mar 2015, 2:24 PM
The tbbutton config doesn't exist anymore. As you've found, button is the default for toolbars now. What about the tbbutton look are you trying to recreate?

I pronounce ExtJS the same way you do. What other variations have you heard?

pdchapin
6 Mar 2015, 7:28 AM
I prefer a more obvious break between the buttons and the content below. It's not a big deal and I'll just learn to live with it or see if there is a theme that handles it differently.

The most common pronounciation around here is just "Ext" as if the "js" wasn't there. It's like it's being handles the same was as a file extension and just being ignored unless it's important. Sort of a "What other 'Ext' is there?" approach.