PDA

View Full Version : newly published site went blank?

vegas2ny
2 Apr 2015, 10:20 AM
Hello I am new to site and extjs 4. I have completed an application using extjs 4.2.3 developed in visual studio 2012, when I run the website from visual studio everything works as expected with no issues, after I published the website to the website server I am receiving a blank screen. its as if the viewports never loaded at all. I checked fiddler and it is showing that all the script files are being downloaded correctly. Again the site works with no issues at all after being run locally through visual studio. thanks for any help.

scottmartin
2 Apr 2015, 4:06 PM
Do you see any errors in the console on the published site?

Is the published side condensed / minified?
Are you using Cmd?

You mention that you are using fiddler, does that mean you are loading the site in IE?
What do you see if you load in Chrome?

Often times, IE will halt on syntax errors ( missing, extra commas ). FF and Chrome will not.

Scott.

vegas2ny
3 Apr 2015, 6:31 AM
Thanks for your reply, i have resolved this issue. There is just one other thing i am curious about. I am using xtype:"fileupload" and when the file size is to big it automatically defaults to failure callback method. My message responses are coming from the server, when the file size is to big tho the server is never called, just defaults to the failure callback, but the error message is empty. Is there anyway to disply the exact error to the user or a way i can see what it is to perform so logic on the error message.

Thanks