PDA

View Full Version : IntelliJ Plugin Locks Up Intellij

jmcolyer
9 Apr 2015, 11:14 AM
I installed the IntelliJ plugin and IntelliJ will no longer launch. It freezes while launching. I installed through the IntelliJ plugin installer. 14.1.1.

I first tried to reinstall IntelliJ, but that didn't work. I had to delete the plugin from UserDir/IntelliJIdeal14/config/plugins. It had a cached name with Sencha files in it. I deleted that and IntelliJ fired right up.

Chris.OBrien
9 Apr 2015, 3:18 PM
Thanks for the input. This sounds like the same behavior as this thread (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?299931-Install-of-Jetbrains-plugin-for-Sencha-ExtJS-into-WebStorm-10.0.1-fails-on-OSX), which was with WebStorm on OSX
(http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?299931-Install-of-Jetbrains-plugin-for-Sencha-ExtJS-into-WebStorm-10.0.1-fails-on-OSXFew)
Few questions:

Did you receive any error while installing the plugin in IntelliJ itself?
After installing, did you restart IntelliJ when it prompted you, or manually restart the IDE?
What OS are you running?
We've seen this behavior once or twice, but attempting to reinstall again fixed it, so please try to install it again. We will investigate further.

Mark.Brocato
9 Apr 2015, 6:50 PM
Found the problem. A new version should be up some time Friday, 4/10.

Mark.Brocato
10 Apr 2015, 4:19 AM
A new version, 0.1.211, is available which fixes this issue. You can download it by selecting "Check for Updates..." from the IDE menu.

jmcolyer
10 Apr 2015, 9:30 AM
IntelliJ now starts up fine after installing the newest plugin. Now when I create an app or workspace it says it's creating it....but then nothing happens. The top right corner has the application name and it launches Sencha CMD, but no files are generated.

Windows 7
Sencha Cmd v5.1.1.39

I have Touch and ExtJs5...do I maybe need to put them in my path? I didn't see anywhere to set them in the plugin. I thought maybe CMD took care of that for me. Should I try the CMD 6?

Chris.OBrien
10 Apr 2015, 11:35 AM
You don't need to put Touch or Ext JS on your path, Sencha Cmd will automatically pull down the trial version of Ext JS for you.

Can you try creating an Ext JS skeleton with Sencha Cmd in a command window outside of IntelliJ?

If you're not familiar, you can create a new Ext JS skeleton with the following:

sencha generate app -ext MyApp /path/to/MyApp

Or if you can create the skeleton with your existing install of Ext JS or Touch, use:

sencha -sdk /path/to/sdk generate app MyApp /path/to/MyApp

jmcolyer
10 Apr 2015, 12:01 PM
The first command doesn't work.

$ sencha generate app -ext MyApp /c/tmp/MyApp
Sencha Cmd v5.1.1.39
[WRN] Did not locate framework package
[ERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.sencha.util.PathUtil.normalizePathCharacters(PathUtil.java:246)

The second one is what I generally use and it does work.

You did however mention something that may have given a clue. "You don't need to put Touch or Ext JS on your path, Sencha Cmd will automatically pull down the trial version of Ext JS for you." I'm sitting behind a proxy, so it can't get out to download a version.

Chris.OBrien
10 Apr 2015, 8:12 PM
The first command is likely not working because of the proxy you mention. Looks like you can specify proxy options in your sencha.cfg for Cmd, as detailed in this thread (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?259532-Upgrading-Sencha-Cmd-behind-proxy&p=950606&viewfull=1#post950606).

If that works, then Cmd should work for you within the IDE Plugin.

You can always create the Ext JS skeleton in Sencha Cmd from your existing sdk path, and then 'Open' that new project in IntelliJ to utilize the plugin.

I'm going to create a Jira issue to make sure the IDE Plugin handles Sencha Cmd errors more robustly. Thanks for your input.

jmcolyer
13 Apr 2015, 6:36 AM
I've never had any luck getting the proxy to work. Maybe we need a config option to specify the sdk like the command line takes.

I was able to create classes by Opening an existing project. The "run" icon that has the project name next to it doesn't work. (Project name is empty). Let me know when you push an updated plugin and I'll test again.

Chris.OBrien
13 Apr 2015, 6:56 AM
Maybe we need a config option to specify the sdk like the command line takes.

We already had a request to specify the SDK from another forum thread (http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?299928-JetBrains-plugin-sdk), so we have an open item for that. I'll be working on that likely in the next few weeks.

The "run" icon that has the project name next to it doesn't work. (Project name is empty). Let me know when you push an updated plugin and I'll test again.

Do you mean the green 'run' icon at the top right of IntelliJ? If so, this should be automatically configured for you after generating a new project, but since you're opening an existing Sencha project, you'll have to add it yourself.

Click on the dropdown next to the 'run' button, select "Edit Configurations..." and create a new Sencha App Watch configuration.

jmcolyer
13 Apr 2015, 7:00 AM
Do you mean the green 'run' icon at the top right of IntelliJ? If so, this should be automatically configured for you after generating a new project, but since you're opening an existing Sencha project, you'll have to add it yourself.

Click on the dropdown next to the 'run' button, select "Edit Configurations..." and create a new Sencha App Watch configuration.

Ok. That was simple enough. Editing the config worked for me.

azuroff
26 May 2015, 1:16 PM
FYI - The "Thank you for requesting Ext JS 6 early access" e-mail still contains a link to the problematic version of the plug-in.

Chris.OBrien
27 May 2015, 6:54 AM
FYI - The "Thank you for requesting Ext JS 6 early access" e-mail still contains a link to the problematic version of the plug-in.

Thanks, I've submitted a report to see if this is something we can update/redirect.