PDA

View Full Version : I can no longer disable cachebuster with a cookie?

GSandoval-Greentree
10 May 2015, 1:32 PM
Previously I could disable the cachebuster on a per broswer basis by entering
Ext.disableCacheBuster(true)
in the browers js console.

It's not working for me now.

Does it work for anyone else?

mitchellsimoens
15 May 2015, 9:36 AM
I think the title of this thread and the body of the post is a bit off. In the title it mentions a cookie but in the body it mentions the disableCacheBuster method. The last time I knew this method was around was in Ext JS 4 and it was a private method. Have you tried using "?cache" in the url of your app?

GSandoval-Greentree
17 May 2015, 12:34 PM
Sorry, disableCacheBuster sets a cookie. My title sucks. Can't really think of a good one. I am wondering if the methods to disable the cache buster have changed.

Not a big deal, but this is something I use during development. It is handy to toggle it off and on per browser.

Also, now I am confused about what constitutes a private method. I don't see a @private on the method, but I also do not see it in the documentation. It would be a bummer if it were private, I find it really handy.

dongryphon
23 May 2015, 12:23 PM
It is a handy dev-mode function. To clarify undocumented == private really, but probably could document it. I remember adding it for the very reason you mentioned -- also "please let my debugger breakpoints stay around on reload!" :)