PDA

View Full Version : How to run Dev mode? (where each source file is loaded independently)

IvanJ
17 Jun 2015, 3:41 PM
I'm running a "modern" app and I just noticed that in dev I get the "ALL" file loaded:

ext-modern-all-debug.js?_dc=1434584130200

I've gotten used to debugging through ExtJS as regular part of development. Not having that per-file capability is a big loss here. Is there some simple flag that can turn the normal dev mode on?

Thanks!

movys
21 Jun 2015, 11:19 PM
Well, you can step through the code in ext-modern-all-debug.js. It is not minified, comments are included. Works well for me when debugging.

valio
22 Jun 2015, 12:56 AM
Well, you can step through the code in ext-modern-all-debug.js. It is not minified, comments are included. Works well for me when debugging.

While this works, that clearly would not be the same.
A major disadvantage is that additional work (either manually by scrolling through the code or via debugger scripting) needs to be done in order to obtain the class wherein the method code that is currently executed is defined.
In contrast: when single files are loaded, it's completely transparent for developers as the debugger always highlights the name of the current JS file in a separate list.

movys
22 Jun 2015, 4:13 AM
True enough.

Try commenting out the line from app.json where it says which js to include in your build:

"modern": {
"js": [
{
// Remove this entry to individually load sources from the framework.
"path": "${framework.dir}/build/ext-modern-all-debug.js" // comment this out
}
]
},

Run `sencha app refresh`.

The framework files should then be loaded one by one as required. Still, I found no way of switching this on the fly.