PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Triton, HtmlEditor and Open Sans issue

Tsunami2069
8 Jul 2015, 7:01 AM
Hello.

For quite some time that i have been using a html editor (with pretty much defaults settings, including font families) on a window and, till this day, never had any issue.
After updating to Extjs 6 (b4 changing theme), the html editor was still working nice.

However, after changing to the new theme, Triton (which i love, so job well done on that one), the html editor started having a rather heratic behaviour.

Whenever i launch my window that has the html editor, the 'Open Sans' font family appears on the font dropbox, like this:

When i start editing anything, that said font on the dropdown disappears, like this:

So, unless i choose a different font, it keeps disappearing.
If i do choose Open Sans, it gets applied, as u can see via the following source code:

But, like the 2nd image above, the text doesnt change to Open Sans (i believe that is Times New Roman).

I have done a few tests like, for example:
- Different browsers (Chrome and IE)
- Changing the theme back to my old one (Crisp) and problem disappears and the Open Sans doesnt appear anymore
- manually changing the fontFamilies on the htmleditor to, for example, just ['Arial'] makes it show 'Open Sans' and Arial.
- Searching through the entire source code of the Extjs, i cannot find any reference to Open Sand except on CSS files. We cannot figure out how this font family ends up added to a dropdown.

ALSO, im not sure if its related but the ext-all-rlt-debug is shouting the following warning on the console whenever i open the htmleditor window:

"[W] targetCls is missing. This may mean that getTargetEl() is being overridden but not applyTargetCls(). htmleditor-1050"

Hope it helps...
Thanks.

Gary Schlosberg
8 Jul 2015, 1:14 PM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

Tsunami2069
9 Jul 2015, 12:51 AM
Your welcome... Good work and good luck

alexander.urban
22 Oct 2015, 7:31 AM
To work around, add this to your stylesheet:

.x-html-editor-wrap textarea {
font-family:tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif; // Circumvents bug EXTJS-18545 in ExtJS 6.0.1
}

michi--
9 Nov 2015, 8:16 AM
Hi,

I added the workaround to my stylesheet, but the problem is not solved..... :s:s

Tsunami2069
9 Nov 2015, 8:19 AM
I added the workaround to my stylesheet, but the problem is not solved..... :s:s
Hmm... worked on my project... the workaround, that is.