PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] ext.field.text moving cursor to the end over and over again

swdev519
16 Jul 2015, 7:28 PM
Whenever I use a Ext.field.text field on one of my views, the textfield constantly relocates my cursor to the end of the text in the textfield every time I type a character. For example, if I have the cursor between the 'S' and 'e' in 'Sencha' and type a character, it will take my cursor to the right of the 'a'. Has anyone else experienced this? This is happening with my Sencha Touch 2.4.2 app that I recently upgraded to Ext JS 6.

My fields all follow this format. There are no listeners attached to any of them.

xtype : 'textfield',
label : 'Host',
name : 'Hostname',
required : true

Gary Schlosberg
17 Jul 2015, 4:05 PM
That is a bug. I'll move this thread to the Bugs forum.

Gary Schlosberg
17 Jul 2015, 4:07 PM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a bug in our bug tracker.

swdev519
3 Aug 2015, 1:20 PM
Is there a way I can find the status of this ticket?

Gary Schlosberg
3 Aug 2015, 3:05 PM
This bug is still unresolved at this time. This message at the top of the thread will change once a bug is fixed completely. You could open a support ticket to see if an override is possible.

Gary Schlosberg
21 Dec 2015, 2:14 PM
There's an now an override on the bug ticket, to which Support subscribers can gain access by opening a Support ticket.

Bazmcc
22 Dec 2015, 2:22 AM
I have a subscription. But i'm not sure how to use the system fully yet. So are you saying there's an existing ticket with a suggested override to fix the problem on bug number EXTJS-18639?Do I need to create a new ticket on my admin section?

Gary Schlosberg
22 Dec 2015, 2:43 PM
Yes, you can log into the Support portal and open a ticket and be sure to include the bug ticket number (EXTJS-18639). You shouldn't be charged any credits.

stevepn
10 Mar 2016, 1:41 AM
It is a bit shame that this still in 6.0.1, spent a bit of time to track this down, so here is an override which I use atm.

Ext.define('Override.Field',{
override: 'Ext.field.Input',
updateValue: function(newValue) {
var input = this.input;
if (input && input.dom.value != newValue) {
input.dom.value = newValue;
}
}
});

If anyone have better solution for this please share, this one is just a quick 'works-for-me' solution.

Why is a new open release is so late with bugs like this in the latest version?

Bazmcc
14 Mar 2016, 1:33 AM
This is from my input.js in my overrides directory:
Ext.define('Ext.overrides.field.Input', { override: 'Ext.field.Input', updateValue: function(newValue) { var input = this.input, dom = input && input.dom; if (dom && dom.value !== newValue) { dom.value = newValue; } }, doBlur: function(e) { this.showMask(); this.setIsFocused(false); }});