PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Error: menu button behavior will conflict with toggling

chrisminniti
21 Jul 2015, 5:36 AM
I got this error when using toggling on a split button. I have a feeling, someone will say, don't use the toggle, feature. This is a case where I kind of need it. These split buttons act almost like tab buttons, so I need to show which one is active, but they have options for each tab that is selected. Any suggestions?

[E] According to WAI-ARIA 1.0 Authoring guide (http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices/#menubutton), menu button 'splitbutton-1242' behavior will conflict with toggling.

yorl1n
21 Jul 2015, 6:34 AM
Hi,
just use

Ext.enableAriaButtons = false;
Ext.enableAriaPanels = false;
to avoid these annoying messages.

binalfew
21 Jul 2015, 6:40 AM
I got this error when using toggling on a split button. I have a feeling, someone will say, don't use the toggle, feature. This is a case where I kind of need it. These split buttons act almost like tab buttons, so I need to show which one is active, but they have options for each tab that is selected. Any suggestions?

You are getting this error because a split button has two tab stops, one for the button and one for the down arrow. So, the click event handler is is confused which one to handle. Why don't you disable this in Application.js file's init method like this:

init: function() {
Ext.enableAriaButtons = false;
}

and never see errors similar to that ever!:))

raphael.franchet
4 Aug 2015, 1:20 AM
Hello.There are no conflicts between 'handler' called on the first tab stop ; and 'menu' called on the second tab stop.For me it is a bug due to the inheritance of Button where setting handler and menu would really be a WAI issue.

nohuhu
4 Aug 2015, 12:35 PM
Looks like a bug indeed; the check hasn't been updated to handle double-tabstop Split buttons.

Thanks for spotting!