PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Editing Architect Project with Plugin

dwwright
21 Jul 2015, 5:56 AM
Is there still no way to edit a project created in architect be able to work on it via the plugin and have architect recognize those changes?

Chris.OBrien
21 Jul 2015, 6:49 AM
Is there still no way to edit a project created in architect be able to work on it via the plugin and have architect recognize those changes?

No, this is because Architect uses a series of metadata files in addition to the actual JavaScript files.

The plugin doesn't know the inner behavior of Architect, so it cannot generate/update these metadata files. You would run into the same problem if you edited the files manually.

You can always create your views/etc. in Architect and then use them in a project within a JetBrains IDE, but you can't go back to Architect.

dwwright
21 Jul 2015, 6:54 AM
Thanks for the reply Chris. Is there a feature request started for this I can add input to? Seems like the two products should work together. We've been wanting to use a gui for layout-design and the reason we moved to sencha architect, but not one member of our team uses the tool. We really don't see the reason to continue paying for the tool as we have not benefits from it due to this one simple issue.

Chris.OBrien
21 Jul 2015, 9:26 AM
If you mean a feature request for having the Plugin create/generate the appropriate Architect metadata files, I've created and associated a Feature Request ticket to this forum post in our system.

By creating this ticket, we are not committing to implement this feature. We are documenting your feedback for future consideration.

Thanks for the input!

blomasky
21 Jul 2015, 4:12 PM
+1Then we have the best of both worlds! SA is the best for rapidly prototyping, working with the UIWebstorm is a great editor and when I need to refactor, etc. etc. nothing is better!!!If you do this, I will buy chocolate for the entire team and not crappy Hersheys, but GOOD, imported chocolate!!