PDA

View Full Version : Development Environment

rashidawan
28 Jul 2015, 7:29 AM
As I am new to Sencha, could you please confirm which development tools should one use for development and debugging sencha applications. I will be working on a web application which will have some mobile apps as well. I am planning to write User interfaces in Sencha which will call ASP.NET web services to read/write data.

joel.watson
28 Jul 2015, 10:00 AM
As I am new to Sencha, could you please confirm which development tools should one use for development and debugging sencha applications. I will be working on a web application which will have some mobile apps as well. I am planning to write User interfaces in Sencha which will call ASP.NET web services to read/write data.

Since the domain is JavaScript, you can use a variety of tools. I tend to primarily use Chrome and its built-in developer tools to inspect the scripts, monitor network traffic, etc. Of course, you can get fancier and get IDEs that have built-in JS debugging if you'd like.

I would also encourage you to check out Sencha Inspector (https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?302759-Sencha-Inspector-Early-Access-Is-Now-Available!).

Thanks!
Joel