PDA

View Full Version : Showing textbox in the grid

saksudesh
1 Aug 2015, 9:54 AM
Hi,
Is it possible to always show grid in editable mode,I want textfield to be placed on each row of the grid. Currently I need to click the cell to make it editable.

Regards,
Sudesh k

joel.watson
1 Aug 2015, 11:14 AM
Hi,
Is it possible to always show grid in editable mode,I want textfield to be placed on each row of the grid. Currently I need to click the cell to make it editable.

Regards,
Sudesh k

You could add an <input> field via the renderer. However, it will be up to you to provide all the logic for validation, committing the value to the underlying row record, etc.

Thanks!
Joel

saksudesh
3 Aug 2015, 3:19 AM
Thanks for your reply.
Validation is giving problem is there any way to do validation If yes kindly let me know I am new to extjs

joel.watson
3 Aug 2015, 4:46 AM
Thanks for your reply.
Validation is giving problem is there any way to do validation If yes kindly let me know I am new to extjs

How does the validation need to be handled? What's the workflow/usecase for your grid? Ultimately, you'll have to retrieve the actual textbox for the row and run your own validation routine on it since it's not a component and doesn't have the built-in validators available to it.

Thanks
Joel

jdkhamba
4 Aug 2015, 4:02 PM
Please look at this thread:

https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?302712-How-to-render-extjs-component-in-Grid-renderer