PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Password Field

tina@user
11 Aug 2015, 10:09 PM
Hi,
I have a login page wherein there is a field for username and password.

i have made a AJAX (POST Method) call to submit the form.

When i use Google Chrome Developer Tools and inspect the Network and see my Ajax url ,then i can see my password and username under the Headers Tab. (JSON value submitted to the sever)

Can i restrict That for security purpose so that password field value does not get displayed there?

chamacs
12 Aug 2015, 9:10 AM
This isn't an Ext issue. For password input fields, browsers don't stop you from seeing the value of the field using the dev tools. They just mask the value on the display. Addressing security concerns is ensuring you are posting the form over an SSL connection.

tina@user
12 Aug 2015, 9:21 AM
This isn't an Ext issue. For password input fields, browsers don't stop you from seeing the value of the field using the dev tools. They just mask the value on the display. Addressing security concerns is ensuring you are posting the form over an SSL connection.

Can u please elaborate as hoe can i implement it??
Thanx in advance!!!

chamacs
13 Aug 2015, 8:59 AM
Your server-side web server has to support HTTPS. So that your AJAX POST is to an HTTPS URL. The 'how' depends on your environment domain.

tina@user
14 Aug 2015, 12:05 AM
Thanx a lot for the idea...I am trying to imlement it..will get back when i have doubt!!

:)
Thanx alot..