PDA

View Full Version : [FIXED] Possible bug? App creation task failing.

patrickrs
14 Aug 2015, 10:22 AM
I'm using the latest authenticated version of the Sencha plugin in WebStorm 10.0.4 on Windows 7.

My version of Sencha Cmd is 5.1.0.26, and we're using version 5.1.0.107 of the Ext JS SDK.

Creating a workspace with the plugin worked just fine. Trying to create a new app using the exact steps detailed in Sencha's recent webcast, I get the error shown below. Does anyone know what may be causing this?

Thanks...

Chris.OBrien
14 Aug 2015, 12:16 PM
I think this is a problem with Cmd 5.1.0.26. I was able to recreate the exact same error with 5.1.0.26 in OSX in WebStorm. If I use 5.1.1.39, it works without any error.

Please download a newer version of Cmd and try again. You don't have to go to Cmd 6.x (but it should have full backwards compatibility). You can use the latest 5.1.3 release if you want.

https://www.sencha.com/products/extjs/cmd-download/

patrickrs
16 Aug 2015, 4:21 PM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to update my Cmd version at work because I have to use the same version our automation uses. At least now I know what the problem is...

Chris.OBrien
19 Aug 2015, 5:07 AM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I am unable to update my Cmd version at work because I have to use the same version our automation uses. At least now I know what the problem is...

I would recommend you and your automation update to a newer version of Cmd if possible, but I completely understand why you cannot.

If you still want to use Cmd 5.1.0.26 locally to create an app, you can do so manually, then you can just open that project in WebStorm.

Just use the following command on the command line:

sencha -sdk ~/path/to/ext-5.1.0.107 generate app -name SampleApp -path /path/to/SampleApp

The reason it fails from JetBrains is that Cmd 5.1.0.26 is very strict with the -name and -path parameters, and requires them. Other versions of cmd are lax and don't require them, and we can use position for name & path.

I'm actually going to open a ticket for this, since it looks like all versions of cmd support the -name and -path parameters, and it would be safer for our IDE to explicitly specify the parameters by name anyway.

Thanks for the input!