PDA

View Full Version : Ext JS MVC JSON storage - add support to large text

ccrosetti
18 Aug 2015, 7:12 AM
Hi, before attempting with a change to this sample code provided at

http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#!/guide/application_architecture

I (http://docs.sencha.com/extjs/4.2.1/#!/guide/application_architecture) would like to know if the JSON file storage will support large text strings, composed of characters, punctuation chars and CR/LF, for instance to store email templates. Anything coming from an HTML5 text area entry field,

Thanks, Carlos

joel.watson
29 Aug 2015, 9:20 AM
Hi--

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "MVC JSON storage"?

Thanks
Joel

ccrosetti
29 Aug 2015, 10:29 AM
Hi--

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "MVC JSON storage"?

Thanks
Joel

It seems you overlooked my questtion that contains an URL pointing back to a Sencha page, the page iis about a tutorial on how to use a JSON store using an AJAX interface.

Now I have the opportunity to ask again, please consider:

Would the JSON file allow the storage of large text fields?

joel.watson
29 Aug 2015, 11:20 AM
Would the JSON file allow the storage of large text fields?

To be clear, the endpoint for your store loading the data doesn't necessarily have to be a JSON file. It can be a stream of JSON data from your server as well.

If you are serving up JSON files directly, the most important consideration in terms of size will be download times. That will be fundamentally dependent upon network speeds and the overall processing ability of the browser itself.

Finally, in terms of the *content* of that JSON, any text/characters that can be encoded as a JSON string should work.

Thanks!
Joel

ccrosetti
29 Aug 2015, 11:40 AM
To be clear, the endpoint for your store loading the data doesn't necessarily have to be a JSON file. It can be a stream of JSON data from your server as well.

If you are serving up JSON files directly, the most important consideration in terms of size will be download times. That will be fundamentally dependent upon network speeds and the overall processing ability of the browser itself.

Finally, in terms of the *content* of that JSON, any text/characters that can be encoded as a JSON string should work.

Thanks!
Joel

Thanks Joel!