PDA

View Full Version : [OPEN] Creating a new app with the plugin - where are the theme choices?

worthlutz
1 Oct 2015, 10:34 AM
I just created a new Ext JS App and only see two theme options: triton & neptune.

Where are the others? Missing in ExtJS 6?

Chris.OBrien
1 Oct 2015, 11:32 AM
When creating a new Universal application (identified by the toolkit dropdown), only themes that are supported by both the modern and classic toolkits are supported.

You can either generate a modern or classic app with the toolkit dropdown, and you'll see the themes specific to each toolkit.

Or you can generate a universal app, and then change the themes in the app.json:

"builds": {
"classic": {
"toolkit": "classic",
"theme": "theme-aria",
"sass": {
// "save": "classic/sass/save.json"
}
},

"modern": {
"toolkit": "modern",
"theme": "theme-windows",
"sass": {
// "save": "modern/sass/save.json"
}
}
},

worthlutz
1 Oct 2015, 1:13 PM
When creating a new Universal application (identified by the toolkit dropdown), only themes that are supported by both the modern and classic toolkits are supported.

That makes sense.

I would think though that it would be more helpful for the Universal application to have a dropdown for each of the toolkits allowing you to set the proper one upon creation.

Chris.OBrien
6 Oct 2015, 5:13 AM
I would think though that it would be more helpful for the Universal application to have a dropdown for each of the toolkits allowing you to set the proper one upon creation.

That's a fair point, and it is actually something that came up for discussion while we were implementing it.

Since the bulk of the App & Workspace creation is handled by Sencha Cmd, we're just passing what we can, since Cmd supports a single theme right now.

Chris.OBrien
6 Oct 2015, 5:57 AM
Thanks for the report! I have opened a feature request in our tracker for this. This is not implying we will add it in any future release.