PDA

View Full Version : Window content disappearing when scrolling

ShadowCloud
20 Oct 2015, 10:40 AM
I have a Ext JS window with a Ext.panel.Panel as one of its items. The panel has HTML content loaded in it. Whenever the user scrolls to view the content inside of the window, a portion of the content disappears inside the window. After waiting a second or two, the disappearing content finally loads. I also noticed that if I click and drag the window to a new position, this issue goes away. Moreover, this issue does not occur on pages where a grid is used as oppose to a container or panel.

What could be causing this problem and how do I go about fixing it? I tried calling window.doLayout, but that didn't seem to help. I tried programmatically moving the window, but that didn't help either.

joel.watson
20 Oct 2015, 11:17 AM
Hi--

Can you share a test case that demonstrates the issue you're experiencing?

https://fiddle.sencha.com

Thanks!
Joel

ShadowCloud
21 Oct 2015, 4:36 AM
Basically I have a main page that uses an Ext.container.Container. From this main page, there is a button that when clicked launches a Ext..window.Window. This window upon launch makes an Ext.Ajax.request to load HTML content into the window's Ext.panel.Panel from a MongoDB database. The content is loaded, but when scrolling vertically to read the content, only like the lower right portion of the window is loaded, while the rest disappears and take a second or two to load. If you click and drag to move this window, then this issue is abated.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I have overflowY set to true for the panel and a fit layout for the window.

joel.watson
22 Oct 2015, 12:46 PM
Basically I have a main page that uses an Ext.container.Container. From this main page, there is a button that when clicked launches a Ext..window.Window. This window upon launch makes an Ext.Ajax.request to load HTML content into the window's Ext.panel.Panel from a MongoDB database. The content is loaded, but when scrolling vertically to read the content, only like the lower right portion of the window is loaded, while the rest disappears and take a second or two to load. If you click and drag to move this window, then this issue is abated.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I have overflowY set to true for the panel and a fit layout for the window.

Without seeing an example of what you're experiencing, it's difficult to say what might be happening. Here's an example to get you started: https://fiddle.sencha.com/#fiddle/vuj

Please fork it and update it as needed to demonstrate what you're seeing, and I'll be happy to test it along with you.

Thanks!
Joel