PDA

View Full Version : Sencha Studio no longer working

incutonez
17 Dec 2015, 8:51 AM
I was trying to follow along with the Testing Application guide, and I was at the part where I could run the tests (http://docs.sencha.com/sencha_test/testing_applications.html#Running_the_Test). When I ran the tests, I was getting a lot of errors in the console (can't show you, as you'll see why later on)... the last error that I was getting was about Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Xmx1024M. So I did a search and came up with this thread (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/support/modded-client-support/1955908-picked-up-_java_options-xmx512m), hoping it could help... unfortunately, it didn't, as I don't have the _JAVA_OPTIONS in my env vars.

Then I started monkeying around with the Sencha Cmd version... changed it to 5.1.3.61, whereas before, it was on v6.0.2.14, I think. Nothing helped, so I just figured close down Sencha Studio. Upon opening it again, I was unable to access any of the testing files... I could click on them, but they wouldn't open in the editor, and I can't even right click (see sencha_studio_broken_1). Then I tried to access the Settings for Sencha Studio (cog in the top right), and I was given a broken window (see sencha_studio_broken_2). Now if I close my workspace and try to reopen it, I'm given a grey screen (see sencha_studio_broken_3). I did see a log message about Dispatch exception No such resource: /settings/ in the Log tab (see sencha_studio_broken_4).

I literally cannot use the early access version now... I'll try uninstalling and see if that fixes it, but anytime I open the app, I get this same experience.

System specs:
Win7 Pro, SP 1, 64-bit
ExtJS 5.1.1
Sencha Cmd 5.1.3.61
Java 1.8.0_45

incutonez
17 Dec 2015, 8:58 AM
Update: uninstalling didn't do it... I'll try a new workspace from scratch.

incutonez
17 Dec 2015, 9:11 AM
Update: deleting my first App and recreating a new one with Sencha Cmd 6.0.2.14 worked... guess any previous version is definitely not allowed. If that's the case, we shouldn't be able to pick them in the Settings. However, after selecting this version in my settings, upgrading my app to Sencha Cmd 6.0.2.14, and reopening Sencha Studio, I'm given the error Previously selected cmd version "6.0.2.14" is not available, even though I can run Sencha Cmd 6.0.2.14 from the Win CMD line.

subu
17 Dec 2015, 11:42 AM
Hi,

I installed cmd v5.1.3 and v6.0.2 on my machine. I was able to generate an application from within studio using v5.1.3 and am able to use it with cmd v6.0.2. I am not seeing the type of error that you are seeing. Please see the attachements.

dongryphon
17 Dec 2015, 1:36 PM
Sounds like this might be related to https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?307599-Sencha-Cmd-Integration - are you still using Cmd 5? It looks like Studio is picking up that version. The EA release was only tested with Cmd 6 so this might the issue.

incutonez
17 Dec 2015, 2:50 PM
Hi,

I installed cmd v5.1.3 and v6.0.2 on my machine. I was able to generate an application from within studio using v5.1.3 and am able to use it with cmd v6.0.2. I am not seeing the type of error that you are seeing. Please see the attachements.

Yeah, I wasn't necessarily giving you the exact steps to reproduce... because somewhere along the lines, something just went wrong. I was more or less trying to let you know what I had done leading up to this event. For what it's worth, I generated my app from the Win CLI using v5.1.3, then changed env vars to point to 6.0.2, tried opening in SS, saw errors, and then did a sencha app upgrade in my app from the Win CLI.

incutonez
17 Dec 2015, 2:52 PM
Sounds like this might be related to https://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?307599-Sencha-Cmd-Integration - are you still using Cmd 5? It looks like Studio is picking up that version. The EA release was only tested with Cmd 6 so this might the issue.

I had updated my env var to point to 6.0.2.14, and was able to use it in the Win CLI, but when I had done that, Sencha Studio did the exact same thing as described in that thread... even though I was clearly able to use Cmd from the Win CLI. SS did not disable that area until after updating my Window's env var... and now it just seems to be stuck in a bad state.

dongryphon
18 Dec 2015, 3:59 PM
@incutonez - can you post any log messages or a screenshot of what you are seeing?