PDA

View Full Version : Generate App Failed

marc.fearby
10 Jan 2016, 2:06 PM
I tried the steps here (http://docs.sencha.com/sencha_test/testing_applications.html) for generating a classic application and got an error message (in a tiny message box that doesn't show the text properly):

exitCode was 321

I chose Ext JS 5.1.2 for the SDK and the default "sencha" command version that Command Prompt sees on Windows 8.1 is 5.1.2.52.

dongryphon
10 Jan 2016, 7:55 PM
Hi Marc,

Thanks for trying out Sencha Test.

I have seen several issues reported against Cmd 5.x. We didn't get any Cmd 5 testing in before the EA was rolled.

Can you try Cmd 6? It supports Ext JS 5.1.2... I am curious if your experience is inline with what others have seen.

Also, Sencha Test can open existing Cmd workspaces and applications so you can always generate the app on the CLI. We will want to fix this issue of course, but I'd love to hear any feedback once you get into the actual Test functionality.

Thanks again!

marc.fearby
11 Jan 2016, 12:48 PM
I am reluctant to install Cmd 6 because that will inevitably wreak havoc with my 5.x projects in Sencha Architect. I've learned never to manually upgrade/install anything that it does not like. I will just have to wait until Architect gets some long-overdue attention, I'm afraid.

Sencha Test also could not open any of my existing 5.x workspaces (created using Architect); it just tells me that they are not valid workspaces or something like that.

gsccheng
13 Jan 2016, 11:24 AM
I have a similar problem and also must stay on Cmd 5.1.

dongryphon
16 Jan 2016, 10:56 AM
We'll look into Cmd 5 issues after the beta release rolls out here shortly. Cannot say for sure about GA since that will depend on what we find there. You can disable Cmd integration which will simply mean that you need to manually run app watch or the like and provide the URL to the application (e.g., "http://localhost:1841/app/index.html") in the test configuration screen (select the Tests node).